You’ve assembled your team. Your team members have registered for the race. Training is almost over. There’s only thing left to do. Pick a quote for your cross country team t-shirts that expresses what you want the world to know about you and your team of runners.
Want to trash talk? There’s a quote for you. Want to tell the world how crazy you are? There’s a quote for you. Want to tell everyone how great women runners are? There’s a quote for you.
Here are 25 of the funniest running quotes you’ll ever “run” across.
Let’s start with the ones for women only.
- “See Dick Run. See Jane Run Faster.”
- “Does this shirt make my butt look fast?”
- “If you think running a marathon is hard, try giving birth.”
Now how about some quotes saying why we run.
- “I thought they said rum.”
- “Pain now … beer later.”
- “Running … because dieting is not an option.”
- “I run because I really like food.”
- “One more mile and the cake is history.”
Runners are competitors. Here are a few quotes for those who like to “trash talk” on the course.
- “My mascara runs faster than you do.”
- Back of shirt: “Like my shirt? After the race, I’ll let you read the front.”
- Back of shirt: “If you want to come in second … follow me!”
Here a few more excellent quotes for the back of your team’s running shirts.
- “It’s a hill. Get over it.”
- “Don’t pass me … I’m not in your age group.”
- “If you can read this, you just got passed by a FAT guy!”
- “If you can read this, I’m not in last place.”
Finally, here are 10 more quotes that defy categorization.
- “Slow runners make fast runners look good. You’re welcome.”
- “Live long and perspire.”
- “Your pace or mine?”
- “Why are all these people following me?”
- “I found my happy pace.”
- “You think I’m crazy because I run? Trust me, you’d see crazy if I didn’t run!”
- “Attention Spectators: Yelling ‘You’re almost there!’ at 2 miles is NOT funny!”
- “To run or not to run? What a stupid question.
- “I’m not slow, I’m just getting my money’s worth from the entry fee.”
- “I hate running. My wife is making me do this.”
You may have seen some of these quotes at races and your favorite places to run. That’s okay. Remember – classic looks never go out of style.