October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and high schools throughout the nation will be holding Pink Out events. Pink Out is a fundraising program that empowers students to raise awareness among their peers, teachers, and parents about breast cancer. Pink Out events are held to educate young women about the disease and the importance of breast health. These fundraising events create school unity and generate overall school pride. There are many simple and creative ways to successfully raise funds, and people are always willing to support a good cause.
Here are some ideas for creating a successful Pink Out event.
- Get Crafty for a Cure. Ask for donations for pink t-shirts and have a handmade quilt made. It doesn’t cost a lot of money, you can then auction the quilt at your silent auction fundraising event.
- Bike for a Cure. This might take some planning, but you can organize a Bike for the Cure race and promote it within your community. Try to find corporate sponsors that you can advertise on banners and t-shirts. You can give each racer a t-shirt with their race entry fee. Exercising for a Cause can be Fun!
- Talk to local businesses and see if they can donate to your cause or better yet to ‘match’ your raised funds. Offer them your printed Pink Out t-shirts in exchange.
- Have a bake sale. Try to get people to donate pink cakes, cupcakes, pies, and cookies that you can sell.
- Hold a silent auction. Contact local businesses for donations. You can offer to advertise their business on your auction flyer or have their logo printed on your Breast Cancer Awareness T-Shirts.
- Hold a car wash. This one’s easy. No cost, just some elbow grease!
- Sell pink carnations at your team or group event.
- Contact a local restaurant to hold a Pink Out fundraising night. Some restaurants will give back 20% of restaurant sales if attendees show a flyer or ticket. You can even add their logo to your Breast Cancer Awareness T-shirts as a sponsor.
These are just a few Pink Out Breast Cancer fundraising ideas to get you on your way to the best Pink Out event ever! Just remember to make it Pink and have lots of fun!